This AT&T SIM is for use within the USA and will also give you free roaming in Canada and Mexico.
The AT&T USA SIM card is a great option if you're travelling throughout the United States, particularly if you are making a road trip that takes in national parks and rural areas where other networks may have limited coverage.
This SIM card is set up on a monthly prepaid plan with your first 30 days service already paid for. When using the AT&T SIM card your service includes:
- Your choice of 6GB or 22GB data at up to 4G speed when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States. When you have used your high-speed data allowance you will have unlimited data with your data speed throttled to 128 Kbps.
- Unlimited incoming calls when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Unlimited calls to Canadian, Mexican and US landline phones when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Unlimited calls to Canadian, Mexican and US mobile phones when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Unlimited international text messages when using your phone in Canada, Mexico and the United States
- Calls to Australia are charged at $1.09/minute (we recommend that you use an app such as Facetime, Rebtel or Skype for cheaper calls home)
|The total cost of this SIM card will depend on which data allowance you choose. It costs $125 with the basic 6GB data allowance, but costs $145 with a 22GB data allowance. In both instances you actually get unlimited data, but the first 6GB or 22GB will be at a fast 4G LTE speed and your data access will be throttled to a slower 128Kbps (equivalent to 2G speed) after you have reached your data allowance.|
Tethering (using your phone as a mobile hotspot) is not supported with the 22GB data plan; however it is supported if you are on the 6GB data plan.
Please note: This is a US SIM card. It comes with a US mobile phone number and at least 50% of your usage must occur in the United States. Data roaming must be switched on in order to access data when travelling in Canada and Mexico.
Can I use this for longer than 30 days?
If you are staying longer than one month, each additional month of service will cost you USD $45 for 6GB data or USD $65 for 22GB data. You simply need to top up your credit so you have at least USD $45 or USD $65 in your prepaid account by the end of the first 30-day period. As long as there is at least USD $45 or USD $65 credit available, AT&T will deduct this credit from your account to pay for an additional month of service.
Your AT&T USA SIM card is ready to go
We will activate your AT&T USA SIM card for you so all you need to do is put it in an unlocked phone after arriving in the USA.
- There is no need to activate your SIM card. We do this for you.
- There is no need to top up your SIM card prior to travelling. We add enough credit to pay for your first month of use.
We will set your SIM card up for you prior to posting your SIM card so you know your US mobile phone number as soon as you receive your SIM card. You will be able to use your SIM card from the travel date that you specify when ordering your SIM card.
Please note: Because of AT&T's activation process, we are not able to post this SIM card more than 14 days before your travel date. Please contact us if your travel dates change so we can ensure that your SIM card is ready to use as soon as you arrive in the USA.
Using the AT&T USA SIM card in Canada and Mexico
The AT&T USA SIM card gives you free roaming in Canada and Mexico. This means that all your inclusive value can be used in Canada and Mexico as well as in the United States. Your 6GB or 22GB data allowance can be used in Canada and Mexico as well as the United States and your call allowance, which includes unlimited incoming calls and unlimited calls to both mobile and landline phones in Canada, Mexico and the United States can be used when travelling in these three countries.
There are four restrictions to this free roaming deal:
- At least 50% of your usage must occur in the United States. This means that at least 50% of the call minutes you make and receive must occur when you are in the United States.
- If you add an add-on international calling feature, this will only work on the AT&T network in the United States (although discounted international calling apps such as Facetime, Rebtel, Skype or Viber will work anywhere).
- Rollover data (your unused data allowance that is rolled over to your next month of service) is only for use in the United States
- Your first use of this SIM card must occur on the AT&T network in the USA
How can I top up?
You can buy top up vouchers for AT&T (along with all the other large mobile networks) at thousands of convenience stores, pharmacies and supermarkets throughout the USA. You can also top up online at ding.com.